News about our first distribution:
Remember all that wet, rainy weather we had a few weeks ago? Because of it, our friends at Windflower Farm had to delay some of the crop planting for our CSA. Farmer Ted has decided that, in order to deliver the quality and quantity that we’re expecting, we unfortunately have to postpone our first distribution one week. New first distribution date: Tuesday, June 14th. The season will then be extended one additional week, with a final distribution happening on Tuesday, November 8th.
Here’s what this means for you:
- If you have a full vegetable share, your first pick-up will be on Tuesday, June 14th.
- If you have a half-vegetable share and you are on the A week distribution, your first pick-up will be on Tuesday, June 21st. (You’ll be receiving a separate note with an updated list of pick-up dates.)
- If you have a half-vegetable share and you are on the B week distribution, nothing changes for you (your first pick-up will be on Tuesday, June 14th). (You’ll be receiving a separate note with an updated list of pick-up dates.)
- If you have an egg share, your first egg pick-up will be on Tuesday, June 14th.
- Fruit shares: our fruit shares include 20 weeks of fruit, and we’re not yet certain if that means they start right away and end early, or begin a couple weeks into the season. Either way nothing will start before the 14th.
NOTE: if you were scheduled to do your work shift on the 7th, Laura or Tim will be in touch to reschedule you.
We know this is disappointing, but in a few short weeks things will get going and this delay will be behind us. In the meantime, a few reminders for our distributions once they do indeed begin:
Bring your own bags! We will not provide bags for pick-up, so bring bag, box, basket, whatever you want to carry your bounty home.
Distributions are always on Tuesdays between 5pm and 7:30pm at Fountain Studios, 604 Grand Ave., between St Marks Ave. and Bergen St.
If you are sending someone in lieu of yourself to pick up your share, just make sure they have your correct account name and it’s no problem.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our google group to talk recipe ideas, swap shifts if need be, and find out about other fun things going on in the neighborhood.
We look forward to seeing you soon (though not on the 7th).