The Prospect Park CSA exists to bring fresh, locally farmed produce to its members, in a sustainable partnership with our farmer and his farm, and to build community in the process. Our guiding values are:
- Support small-scale, family farms in the NYC region, working with our farmer to prioritize his farm and producers he can connect us with.
- Foster community and trust – amongst our members, with our farmer, and with our neighbors and peer CSAs.
- Cultivate inclusiveness and diversity, in our membership and in our organizing, with an ethos of welcoming hospitality.
- Seek consensus in all group decisions, recognizing that we’re always trying to synthesize the best solutions for the Prospect Park CSA group and its farmer.
- Advance food justice, to the best of our abilities, with creative payment flexibility, food pantry relations, and community bridging.